Sunday, June 27, 2010

Show #'s 6 & 7

Okay, so I know I'm a little behind, but in my defense I've had a hell of a run recently. In the past 11 days I have worked 9 days, got 4 shows under my belt, went and saw 2 more, and went to a wedding, so yeah, its been a little hectic.
Show # 6 - Pepperbelly's, Fairfield, CA. I rode along with Steve Danner on Wednesday. I don't know if you'd call what I did bombing, but it was close. I was working on my Adventist stuff, cause I wanted to do that set at the Purple Onion on Saturday, but I don't think anyone there on Wednesday could relate to it. I saw a lot of awkward smiles, but no laughs. One moment of note, I entered the Bay Area Laugh Off, a comedy competition Pepperbelly's is hosting later this summer. More on that when I know more.
Favorite Line of the night: "Are you a triceratops or a tricerabottom? I'm not a herbavore but I'm a himavore!" - Dave Thomason
Show # 7 - Brainwash, San Francisco, CA. I loved everything about Thursday. I went up really late, like 11:30, and it was really just comics left. I started my set with my Perfect Entrance routine, which is pretty close to my favorite bit to do. It's really high energy, and as long as I'm actually giving it my all, the crowd usually responds, and they did on Thursday too. In fact, on Friday I went to check out the show at the Onion, just to check out the room, and I ran into Chris Duncan, another really funny guy that comes to the Brain, and he'd been there on Thursday and he told me he'd been telling his friends about it. Then I tried out some new stuff that I'd been thinking about for the Onion and it worked pretty well too. Then after the show I talked to Tony Sparks and told him about my D4A! hosting and he told he'd probably use me in a couple of weeks! So I might have some hosting gigs coming. Fingers crossed!
Favorite line of the night: "Don't get me wrong, I'm not gay. But I am a brother that likes to read...in public. While eating a blueberry scone and drinking a chai latte." - Jabari Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment