Thursday, June 10, 2010

Show # 1

Pepperbelly's Open Mic - Holy Crap! Tonight was nuts! There was so much good and crazy going on its a little unbelievable. It seemed like every comic there tonight was on their game. People where trying out new material, taking chances. And there was a lot of just audience there, which is always cool to see at an open mic. I went up 6th, whiched turned out to be pretty early since the list was 20 comics long tonight. I tried out some new stuff about guys peeing outside(video soon, btw). I think it worked all right. Just needs some polish is all. Victor, he's the guy who hosts the show, a really good guy, really funny too. He said he doubts that I'll make 100, which just goes to show he don't know Tim Wolcott. And there was a fight! A tussle! A battle if you will! Some drunk Mexican guy was starting shit back by the bar. People got riled up!
I should tell you guys about Heather now. Heather Isaacs Royce. An hilarious comic and the other half of what we like to call Team Jesus. She and her husband, Zach, are really great friends. Heather and I got each others back, we keep each other motivated. Its really awesome. She's been doing standup since Feb. I think, and she's got a long career in front of her if she wants it. Anyways, she had a really good set tonight too. She has this set about getting fired from being missionary that cracks me up everytime. Anyways, its getting late. So yeah, recap: good night, good comics, all good things. Next show: Tomorrow night, Thurs. Brainwash on Folsom in SF. The open mic starts at 7p.

Favorite line of the night: "I am the drunk whisperer." - Steve Danner

No comments:

Post a Comment