Monday, June 28, 2010

Show # 8

Show # 8 - The Purple Onion, San Francisco, CA. What an amazing night! I don't even know where to start. The room itself was maybe the coolest part of the whole thing. The Purple Onion is a pretty historic stage. George Carlin, The Smothers Brothers, Phyllis Diller have all performed there. Richard Pryor recorded his first album there. And now...Tim Wolcott! Also to be in the show with Heather meant a lot. We went up 3rd and 4th and I feel like we both killed! I closed with my Adventism stuff and it was the 1st time I've performed that bit in front of actual Adventists which was pretty cool. Especially since my people made up about 1/4th of the room(and took up the whole front row cause that's the way my people roll) so it was like having a laugh guaruntee. The fact that so many came out for me meant a lot too. I've got some awesome friends. And it was a solid night all round. Griffin Daley and Roman Leo both brought a lot of funny. And, of course, Jabari Davis headlined and everybody loved him too. Plus I got paid, in actual money. Not in food or alcohol. First time that's happened. So yeah, definitely a night I will never forget. Big thanks to everyone that came out to support! I love you all! Later.
Favorite line of the night: Me - "Should we go left or right on Van Ness?" Mackie - "Joel says go west so according to my phone north is right...well that can't be right." - Derek Mackie

2 comments:

  1. That was the best of the night, you killed it to man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, man. Thanks again for being there.

    ReplyDelete