Friday, June 11, 2010

Show # 2

So I just have to say, this comedy thing is much more fun, and so much easier with a support group. Tonight Heather and I hooked up with Steve Danner, another really funny Napa comic, and Jeremiah Brashears, a funny man from Vacaville, and car pooled into SF to the Brainwash.
Now I gotta take a minute and tell you guys about the Brainwash. It's a cafe/laundrymat on Folsom. And there's live entertainment every night of the week. And it seems like every comic in the bay area goes through there on Thurs. nights. The list is usually between 30 & 40 comics long. But the food is good and the grind aspect of it is quickly forgotten when Tony Sparks takes the mike. I don't know how he does it, but the man, "good people," knows how to keep a room pumped up and excited.
So anyways, we got there and we were 27 - 30 on the list, so we settled in, got some food, some of us fought a little crime. I think I even catnapped in the corner for a minute. Then we all went up and, to be honest, we all did really well I think. I went first and worked on the same material from last night and it got a lot of laughs. Then Heather went up and had the crowd laughing. Then Jeremiah. Jeremiah's got this abortion joke that I think is friggin' hilarious, but it only works if there's not any Raider fans in the audience. Fortunately, any that were there tonight also had a sense of humor cause it killed. Then Steve pretty much killed it too. We hung out the rest of the night and it turned into the SF comedy all stars to wrap it up. Charlie Ballard, Jabari Davis, Big Al Gonzales, Kaseem Bentley. And those are just the names I can remember.
So show #2 - Success! Not planning to get up again til Monday, but I'm gonna go see John Leguizamo tomorrow. Free tequila tasting before the show too. Its going to be an awesome night I think. So that's it for me tonight. Later, peeps!
Show #3 - Tommy T's in Pleasonton. 8pm I think.
Favorite line of the night: "Meg Whitman is so rich she has Faberge ovaries." - Jesse Elias

No comments:

Post a Comment