Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shows # 16 & 17

Show # 16: Tommy T's, Pleasanton, CA. Last night was a 2fer. I got down to Tommy T's and the first four spots were still open, so I got up early and got out. I knew I wasn't gonna win the competition part so as soon my set was over, I said by to the host and got out. Tried a few new jokes. They didn't really work, although hard to tell for sure with a small, fairly non-responsive audience. So anyways, moving on.

Show # 17: Nick's Crispy Tacos, San Francisco, CA. Turns out I didn't really need to get out of Tommy T's so quick cause I was super early to the taco place. So I got some food and chilled. Then I ended up getting the first spot again, when the sheet went out. Which ended up being a pretty cool. THe management wanted to keep it clean for the first little bit, and apparently, I am one of the few comics on the SF scene that doesn't have a problem working clean. So I went up, got the room going pretty well I think. Riffed with Tony and Travis some too, while I was on stage and that went well. Got some laughs, at least. Then I hung out the rest of the night, talked to Tony and Travis some. Going to have to sit down with Tony soon and get some real knowledge about the business and how to make my stuff funnier. I think he'd probably have some good advice for me. Anyways, a good night all around. A little tiring, driving all over the place and whatnot, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Later.

Favorite line of the night: "Why didn't you shave? The rug burn is killing me!" - Taylor Kafara(I really gotta start finding out how to spell people's names before I go and quote them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment