Friday, July 23, 2010

Show # 13

Show # 13 - Pepperbelly's, Fairfield, CA. So I've been away for a while. A combination of lack of transportation and focusing getting some writing done. I'm working on an original stage adaption of Alice in Wonderland, to be performed next spring at PUC & I needed to make some head way on that. Also, bittersweet news, one of my best friends, Mei Ann Teo, whom I love and adore and would anything for, has just left the country for a few months to visit family and do some work in China, and I will miss her dearly. However, she is kind enough to lend me the use of car while she is gone. So the grind-it-out portion of the some has officially begun. That being said, I sortta felt like I was just going thru the motions tonight. I didn't really think about what set I was gonna do until late in the evening, and I hadn't really gone over it all before I got up. Also, I was up third, and the crowd hadn't really warmed up yet, so not a lot of laughs either(sure, blame the crowd, right? maybe I just wasn't funny....nah). The reason I was up so early, though? Because last night was Heather's first night back. So to celebrate, we got tix to go see comedy genuis, Maria Bamford at the SF Punchline. I hadn't seen her live before and she didn't disappoint. There was uproarious laughter on my part, to say the least. So all in all, a pretty good night back out on the comedy trail. Later.

Favorite line of the night - "Hey, I don't wanna get all political on you guys, but where do you stand on dressing your dogs?" - Maria Bamford

No comments:

Post a Comment