Thursday, July 8, 2010

Show # 12

Show # 12: Pepperbelly's, Fairfield, CA. Last night was interesting. I wanted to take a chance last night. I wanted to go up with something I wasn't sure would work and just see what would happen. So I decided to talk about my sister's, Sarah, Lymphoma year. Now that's a really hard set to actually gauge how well it goes over, cause there's only a few punchlines. And the rest is all talk about cancer, which nobody wants to laugh at. None the less, I felt good about last night. There was a weird crowd there from the begining, 45 min. early in fact. It was a bunch of old white people. Like Uncle Jesse, Dukes of Hazzard old. Not a demographic you see at the open mikes very often. But I felt like they appreciated the change of pace. I got a couple of, "Thank you for sharing,"'s afterward from them.
I also had a couple of comics call me out on my current pace of shows. And they were right. I'm not on pace right now. I'll hit my stride soon, though. Next show is Friday, I think. Unless I can figure out a way into the city tonight. But Steve Danner and I are gonna go check out Woody's BBQ in Oakland on Friday. Should be a good time. Later.

Favorite line of the night: As Christopher Walken "Being gay is just like opening a can of Pringles.  Once you pop....you just can't stop sucking cock." - David Lew

No comments:

Post a Comment